Thursday, December 29, 2011

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!


OK!  So I think some pretty exciting things have been happening.  Yesterday, I leisurely woke up around 6:30 or 7 and had some breakfast at the café here in The Arts Factory.  Johnny, the chef is a 28 year old Canadian and part time comedian if you ask me.  He’s a pretty funny guy, which makes for good times when he’s working and same just hanging out around The Factory.  I had a wonderful egg and bacon sandwich; which is actually ham and egg, they don’t have bacon strips like we know them in The States.  (I say “The States” because when people ask where your from, and they don’t just presume you’re from Canada, they’ll know if you say that.  The line I’ve been giving lately to the obvious foreigners is “The States, you know, the united ones.”  I’ve had a few laughs with that, which is something!  Anyway, I was walking back to my tent when Tamar, a Scottish girl who also works in the café tracked me down.  She said she had been looking for me because her cousin is moving out of his tent space and she knew that I was in the market for a bigger tent or different space.  So her cousin has the same size tent as me, maybe even slightly smaller but with a foam bed inside.  The “property” is huge, she said the cost was $50 but she’d take $40.  I told her it’s a deal, $40 and I get a shady property, with a giant tarp already installed over the space.  Now I’ve set up my tent and the other tent side by side for two rooms plus I have a little room to the side of them to set up a little patio of sorts if I want.  It’s not a mansion tent, but I’m movin up in the world, and this will give me a place to sleep and a place to stash stuff/chill in the other tent.
            Flash to this morning, I went up to the front desk just like I do every morning that I don’t have to work and asked if there were any jobs today.  Craig, a 40ish Aussie who’s parents used to own The Factory years ago appeared as if he might have something!  (When Craig’s parents sold The Arts Factory to Nomads, a backpacker company, there was a caveat that he have a job for life at The Factory)  Craig looked in his book and asked me if I had any other skills besides golf, to which my response was that I was working at Rae’s cleaning rooms but the only thing I’ve ever done is about every job at a golf course.  Lets be honest though, it doesn’t take a whole lot to do some of these cleaning and/or fix it jobs around here.  He asked if I’d be willing to drive the “Bus to Town” on some nights from 10pm-4am.  I jumped at that one since it’s a really easy job!  Plus it won’t interfere with my job at Rae’s.  Today, he’s got me started in about an hour (10am) painting a few walls on the inside of the lodge.  So that’ll get me going and into the system which is great.  You get one night stay for every 1.5 hours worked.  Hopefully I can get a few nights a week driving the van and that will take care of my accommodation!  Then I can keep working only 3 days/week at Rae’s and live pretty well.  Hopefully this day continues to get better, as for now, I’m headed up to get a large breakfast in celebration of all of this good news.  I will more than likely post this with additional comments later in the day… ta ta


 Main Beach the other night, beautiful sky!
OK, Crazy Jim's visual update on the beard and hair... It may be about 2 more months before the hair is as long as it was fresh year of college before Davey cut it!
Sweet spider crawling on a drum on Ashley's tent porch!  He was so fast, he scurried away before we knew it.
 My view from inside my new setup, i'll get a picture of my actual setup on the next blog.
Tent 1 is the chill room... Oh yea, I bought a guitar so I could continue the practice I've been trying to do for 6 years now!  Everyone says if you want to learn a skill, this is the place to do it... plus, so many people play guitar and music on the campgrounds!


No comments:

Post a Comment